Friday, May 17, 2013

ETAs


      With an emphasis on "estimated," I submit the following estimated times of arrival for the 24n24, with a departure time of 6:30 pm:

Bearpaw Preserve: 6:30 p.m.
San Bernardino Peak: 11:45 p.m.
East San Bernardino Peak: 12:15 a.m.
Anderson Peak: 1:00 a.m.
Shields Peak: 1:30 a.m.
Alto Diablo Peak: 2:00 a.m.
Charlton Peak: 3:00 a.m.
Little Charleton Peak: 3:15 a.m.
Jepson Peak: 4:15 a.m.*
East Dobbs Peak: 4:45 a.m. *
Dobbs Peak: 5:00 a.m. *
San Gorgonio Mountain: 6:00 a.m.
Bighorn Mountain: 6:30 a.m.
Dragon's Head Peak: 7:00 a.m.
Galena Peak: 9:30 a.m.
Cuchillo Peak: 11:00 a.m.
Wanat Peak: 11:30 a.m.
Little San Gorgonio Peak: 12:15 p.m.
Wilshire Mountain: 12:45 p.m.
Wilshire Peak: 1:15 p.m.
Oak Glen Peak: 1:45 p.m.
Cedar Mountain: 2:30 p.m.
Birch Mountain: 3:00 p.m.
Allen Peak: 4:15 p.m.
Mill Peak: 5:00 p.m.
Bearpaw Preserve: 6:25 p.m.

      Once underway, real-time tracking (ten minute interval tracking points) will be available to follow online HERE.

* The order of Jepson and the two Dobbs may be reversed (east Dobbs, Dobbs, then Jepson).

9 comments:

  1. I am opening a pool on Paul's Bearpaw arrival time for May 25. $10 for each entry, no limit on entries, only one entry for each time (hours and minutes only, closest to arrival at Bearpaw trail registry wins.

    I open with $10 on 5:25 p.m.

    John Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, that's a great idea, thanks!!! I'm going to leave this in your capable hands to handle, with the request that half the pool go to The Wildlands Conservancy (and half to the wiener who's guessed the closest time). Will you put a cutoff time for the entries? Like before 6:30 p.m. on Friday? Oh, and thanks for the vote of confidence...mind you, the ETAs suggest a pretty tight time frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or were you thinking the whole pot would go to the Conservancy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All entries accepted until Friday, May 24, 6:30 p.m. Bearpaw time.

    You can enter by commenting here, or sending me an email at johncullendavis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it takes you 45 minutes to get from Wilshire Mtn. to Wilshire Peak, it might be time for a dose of caffeine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evan, I've built in a couple of paddings, assuming that I may be crawling on all four from time to time (or want to sit and count my blisters). Honestly think I'll lag far behind your Galena to Little San G pace, so the padding might come in handy. If I'm fortunate enough to be on schedule at Wilshire Mt, then I'm that much more likely to finish on time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And, I'll be signing in at Wilshire Pk, unlike the other registers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could be sitting there with a beer (for me of course) when you get there.

    ReplyDelete